According to the Spherion Employee Confidence Index, fueled by a more optimistic outlook on the strength of the economy and number of jobs available, U.S. workers’ confidence hit new highs in November.
Do you feel that your ‘career confidence’ is in line with the following statistics?
- 66 percent of workers believe the economy is strengthening or stabilized.
- 64 percent of U.S. adult workers feel confident in the future of their employer, showing no change from October.
- 16 percent of U.S. adult workers have no confidence in their own ability to find a new job, up three percentage points from October.
- Only 35 percent of U.S. adult workers believe that fewer jobs are available, down three percentage points from October.
- 26 percent of U.S. adult workers believe the economy is getting stronger, compared to 24 percent in October.
- 79 percent of the U.S. workforce believes that it is unlikely that they will lose their jobs in the next 12 months, virtually unchanged from October.
Spherion Employment Report. [Spherion]