Everyone has daily success, stress, ups and downs in their job. Seeing through those issues and looking at the big picture will help you recognize opportunities, avoid repeating mistakes, and create positive new avenues in your career.
When facing challenging career issues ask yourself the following to See the Big Picture:
- What are your highest thoughts about your career (what is your ultimate career vision), does the current issue fit into that vision?
- Is the current issue taking you closer to your career goals or moving you farther away? (Do you have concrete career goals?)
- How can you use the issue to create:
- Positive Results?
- Company Profits?
- Goodwill towards co-workers?
- To get a raise?
- New opportunities or a new job?
- (to eliminate) politics in your job?
- Clarify your career goals?
- Take action!