- 25% of all new hires don’t last a year
- 46% of all new hires don’t last 18 months
- 53% of all new managers and executives don’t last a year
Why? According to the authors of Sink or Swim and the website Hit the Ground Running:
- A large percentage of new employee are not told what they were hired to do or what their goals are.
- Usually employees are not told where to find the information they need, so they waste time ‘reinventing the wheel’.
- These new employees usually talk more than they listen.
- These employees often don’t deliver on the commitments they make.
- Employees often don’t play to their strengths.
Also see www.hitthegroundrunning.com